Wordtwist Forums

Wordtwist Forums (http://www.wordtwist.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.wordtwist.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   That's a real word! I never thought it would score! (http://www.wordtwist.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1045)

Zeno 05-01-2017 01:17 AM

That's a real word! I never thought it would score!

Sexpert

TurtleRace 05-01-2017 02:01 AM

Congratulations!

..and thank you for brightening the day. Seeing your post was a laugh out loud moment.
:D :)

Spike1005 05-01-2017 02:21 AM

Strangely enough, shortly after reading your post, I got a board with SEXPERT in it. (For future reference, SEXPORT does not work.)

TurtleRace 05-01-2017 02:44 AM

(Laughing again)

Hope you at least got the plural. Too bad about sexport, but sexology would probably be worth more points. :)

Really enjoy the word and game stories. Wish more players posted.

Thanks again,
Great words and great typing to you,
TR

Zeno 05-01-2017 04:54 AM

Agreed. Part of the fun of playing games is in honing your technique, but another large component comes from the weird little things which happen. I can imagine players around a table trying to top each other with other word variants. Btw, I did check afterwards to see if the dictionary allowed sexpertise (no luck).

DrPlacebo 05-01-2017 01:30 PM

I just got points for TRIBBLES. Ultra-rare, even!

TurtleRace 05-01-2017 02:28 PM

No trouble with tribbles :D

Good going DrPlacebo

TurtleRace 05-01-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeno (Post 6964)
Agreed. Part of the fun of playing games is in honing your technique, but another large component comes from the weird little things which happen. I can imagine players around a table trying to top each other with other word variants. Btw, I did check afterwards to see if the dictionary allowed sexpertise (no luck).

I loved playing at the table, though its been a while. Your description hit it head on. We were pretty competitive, in a fun way, but also interested. We had a lot of good times looking at the board after we played. We all looked for the words we missed.

Btw. Was going to suggest you start a thread, but seeing that DrPlacebo joined in, you may have already started one.....

Keep looking, I just know you're going to find that special word :)

DrPlacebo 05-01-2017 04:20 PM

Some of my other favorite words I've been surprised to score points for over the time I've played this game:

HANGRY
NOOB
BOGART
RETWEET
SAIMIN
ZOCALO

The first four are pretty self-explanatory. :)

Those last two were foreign-language words I spotted and tried, thinking they might count.

SAIMIN = Hawaiian noodle soup, the word being derived from the Chinese xi mian (thin noodles).

ZOCALO = a large public square or plaza. I tried it because it's the name of my favorite Mexican restaurant, and was surprised that it's also an English word! It comes from the nickname of Mexico City's central square, formally the Plaza de la Constitución but referred to as "El Zócalo" (the plinth) because of an empty plinth that stood there for a long time after the statue that was commissioned to be erected on it was canceled.

DrPlacebo 05-01-2017 10:51 PM

Also, GLAMPS.