Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > General Chit Chat

Old 08-15-2017, 03:51 PM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleRace View Post
ROFLOL

More after I tell my husband about R.U.F.
and the toaster intelligence.

Brilliant! Stupendious!

Thank you!
TR
Thanks for the good review. Glad you got a good laugh.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:59 AM
Premium Member

TurtleRace is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkbig View Post
lol TR, maybe it's an endoscope you can connect to a smartphone and do some self-diagnosis. When you get heartburn, for instance, you could have a look to see what's really going on in your GI tract. lol They do sell endoscopes on Amazon. Never know. Could come in handy.
When I first saw the word PHONENDOSCOPE, it brought forth images of a person trying to talk on their cellphone while dodging the artilect camera appendage.

Your response, however, shows a use I had not considered. Additionally, there must be several uses for a small discrete camera that can go almost anywhere. I agree. The usefulness of the device you describe, and the potential usefulnesses, may outweigh the problems I imagined upon seeing the word for the first time.

Hope you are having great games today.
Enjoy!
TR

PS: Finally! A “nesses” word in a sentence. Hope it doesn’t break too many grammar rules.

Last edited by TurtleRace : 08-16-2017 at 04:02 AM.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
PS: Finally! A “nesses” word in a sentence. Hope it doesn’t break too many grammar rules.
No need to worry about any dysfunctogrammaticalizations TR. We're just simple folks here. We even write in sentence fragments.

Hope you're enjoying the games!

Last edited by lalatan : 08-16-2017 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:09 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkbig View Post

The problem of rogue intelligent toast ovens in my opinion is seriously underrated. They are stealthy and can give you a bad burn if you don't spot them. The key is to be vigilant. If you see them before they heat up they can be caught and safely dispatched. No use trying to rehabilitate them. They're cheap enough just to buy another. Why take the risk, right??

A PSA from Resistentialists Unite and Fight!
Thank you for the warning! I'm going to check my toaster again for any signs of latent intelligence.

This is one of your absolute best PSA's. We couldn't have a better spokesperson for R.U.F! (Resistentialists Unite and Fight!)

Enjoy!
TR

(Laughing at it really helps keep me from getting bummed by the virtual encroachments into the life of anyone using the web. Almost feel like a fly, except I don't like them, and the movie scared me silly-so I'm not going there )

PS: Still haven't found a cat

Old 08-21-2017, 07:26 AM

Spike1007 is an unknown quantity at this point

TR,

For the "dead cat" thing, check the thread "Club of people who spot a great word too late as time runs out" on 8/11.

As far as toaster ovens go, I did try my new one a few weeks ago. It was able to make a really good Cajun pork roast and it (the oven) showed no signs of latent intelligence. Then again, I did get the non-digital version. (I'm not sure if it means anything, but we do keep the thing on the porch & won't let it inside.)

Last edited by Spike1007 : 08-21-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:32 AM

Spike1007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
(Laughing at it really helps keep me from getting bummed by the virtual encroachments into the life of anyone using the web. Almost feel like a fly, except I don't like them, and the movie scared me silly-so I'm not going there )
Off topic, but I've been noticing this encroachment more & more. I get these cross-platform indications, like Pinterest stuff that relates to recent google searches, or a teaser video screen (on some unrelated site) filled with links to six youtube videos I'd recently watched. Maybe it's my own fault for not deleting cookies, but I can't help getting paranoid. I should talk to my toaster oven about that.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:30 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike1007 View Post
Off topic, but I've been noticing this encroachment more & more. I get these cross-platform indications, like Pinterest stuff that relates to recent google searches, or a teaser video screen (on some unrelated site) filled with links to six youtube videos I'd recently watched. Maybe it's my own fault for not deleting cookies, but I can't help getting paranoid. I should talk to my toaster oven about that.
The toaster over may not be amicable to a conversation since its exiled to the porch. (That was a good one. Lol. )

You're right though, things have changed dramatically since the internet became so common in our lives. Sure, you can still access a heap of info., but now you must be willing to give away a bunch of personal information for good access.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but if you cut a sticky note down to the adhesive strip, it fits wonderfully over the computer's "eye." Then if you want to Skype, etc., its easy on-- easy off (and cheap)

IIWIS might as well..
Enjoy!
TR

Hope you found your shaker!
Old 08-22-2017, 07:37 AM

Spike1006 is an unknown quantity at this point

TR,

My desktop computer has no eyes or ears, so I'm safe there. (I do occasionally wonder about my laptop.) The link to videos I saw definitely wasn't a coincidence, although the Pinterest stuff could easily have been. I signed up for the site & only visited once to see an old historical photo someone had posted. The stuff they constantly send is pretty random & so are my google searches, so I could be imagining overlap there.

However, to add to the paranoia, I got a spam email today from J. Bond. (It was something warning me about side effects of some meds I'm not taking.) Just enough things to make me keep wondering...
Old 08-28-2017, 06:07 PM
Premium Member

What every single person needs: CREEPMETER

Darn! Guess that would be a "creepometer."

Enjoy!
TR
Old 09-01-2017, 11:31 AM

Your previous post creeped me out TR! My wife and I both like the word skulk. We want that it should be a skulkmeter. You never know when ground is up to no good. We had an earthquake here last year, 5.8. But I didn't even feel it so I probably really do need a skulkmeter.

I just found MULTICELLULAR. After playing CELLULAR I notice multi- sneaking up the right side. I thought I'd pass it onto you to tuck into your stacks. I seldom get anything too good out of multi either.
The other day I was all self-satisfied that I actually found MULTIPLE on a "stone" board. After it submitted I saw all I had to do was add an x for MULTIPLEX. Another nickel!! lol

Last edited by lalatan : 09-01-2017 at 12:27 PM.