Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > The Boo Yeah Corner

Old 10-14-2017, 11:27 AM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

While checking my historical facts I was surprised to find that after the Seven Years' War the French lost Louisiana territory to the Spanish but Napoleon took it back in 1802. And I also love Cajun food.

Last edited by lalatan : 10-15-2017 at 04:14 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:18 AM

Just set new records yesterday for a word I hadn't seen played by anyone before:
DISESTABLISHMENTARIANS 42 pts, 22 letters
Woohoo!
Old 10-18-2017, 10:21 AM

Spike1007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatan View Post
Just set new records yesterday for a word I hadn't seen played by anyone before:
Woohoo!
Congrats! I've gotten some form of that word before. I wouldn't swear that I haven't gotten that one though, The last time, I got it without the DIS-. (I definitely looked.)
Old 10-18-2017, 10:39 AM

thinkbig is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike1007 View Post
Congrats! I've gotten some form of that word before. I wouldn't swear that I haven't gotten that one though, The last time, I got it without the DIS-. (I definitely looked.)
Thanks Spike. You could've definitely played it before May 2017. I only started hunting big words in 5x5 then so I wouldn't have known it was played before.

Last edited by thinkbig : 10-18-2017 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:54 AM

Spike1005 is on the road to greatness

Is there a way to know if a word has been played before (at least in a certain month or something)? I'm pretty sure that I've found what I think are unique long words, but if I find something longer that month, that disappears from my current records, and won't show up at the end of the month. (Obviously, if it's already been played on some board I get, I can see it (if I let the time run out), but they repeat words over multiple boards.)
Old 10-18-2017, 11:15 AM

I take it you mean is there a way to see your personal highest scores/word for a time frame? Nope, I don't think so. Under the current month's best words competition you only see everyone's highest score of 1 word only. If you get a 40 pt first and then a 42 pt word later, you'll only see the 42 pt record. If you want to see what words you played in a given time frame, I suggest you take a screenshot of your notable games and save them to a folder. It's what I do. Then using file explorer you can do searches on word strings or you can sort by date or filename ascending or descending to see what words you've played. You could also save your current month's records to their own folder for the month.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:29 AM

Spike1005 is on the road to greatness

Thanks. Mostly I wondered what info was available that I hadn't figured out how to see. (By the way, my screenshot doesn't seem to work, I do everything over my old keyboard (eat, drink, be merry, etc.) and I may have screwed up that key. I do have a 3rd party application that will work.) Anyway, I really wanted to know if there was a way to see if a particular word had been played before without trolling through previous month's lists of longest/best words.

Last edited by Spike1005 : 10-18-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike1005 View Post
Thanks. Mostly I wondered what info was available that I hadn't figured out how to see. (By the way, my screenshot doesn't seem to work, I do everything over my old keyboard (eat, drink, be merry, etc.) and I may have screwed up that key. I do have a 3rd party application that will work.) Anyway, I really wanted to know if there was a way to see if a particular word had been played before without trolling through previous month's lists of longest/best words.
You're welcome. I guess I should've added that when I save the screenshot I name the file with points first and then the best word: e.g. 42 pts disestablishmentarians.jpg
So then if I want to see all my highest scores I sort them by filename descending. If you want to know if you played a specific word, all you'd have to do is type part of it in the search box in file explorer and it would filter the files for you.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike1005 View Post
Anyway, I really wanted to know if there was a way to see if a particular word had been played before without trolling through previous month's lists of longest/best words.
I don't see any way around that. Even then the word you're looking for might have been covered up by the same player after they played a higher scoring word.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:20 AM
Premium Member

mcdonna is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatan View Post
Congratulations!!

I just played some really terrible games and then got lucky twice:

OVERCOMMERCIALIZING (39/19) new PR

NEWFANGLEDNESSES (30) new record after 31 plays
previous best word was 14 points

I'm going to retire for the day while I'm still ahead!