Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > Wordtwist.org Rules and Scoring

Old 10-12-2017, 09:07 PM

claraalbert is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Homework help online

The Homework help online libraries travel by familiar writers of favorite picture books. With listening or reading is familiar with informative nonfiction books to educate children about children. Includes additional resources to read-along, video, and search promotions.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:51 PM

elizabethdavid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Homework help online

Buy essays Expert is the main provider of homework help to understudies around the world. Our online task help administrations are very broad and cover a wide range of homework help required by understudies. You can present your demand and our online homework aides will give the arrangement inside the briefest day and age. We ensure quality and polished methodology!
Old 10-23-2017, 12:30 AM

dannyb is on the road to greatness

Use our service and fail your classes!
Old 10-23-2017, 02:56 AM

Spike1007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
Use our service and fail your classes!
Unless they're also marketing Assignment Grading Services. ("Our administration are very impressed from your excellent essay! We appreciate your polished methodology and lack of plagiarism! A+!")

Last edited by Spike1007 : 10-23-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:16 AM

flops is an unknown quantity at this point

But they used some 13 point words, doesn't that mean that their administrations are polished?
Old 10-23-2017, 09:31 AM

Maybe they charge by the word, using WordTwist scoring rules. (I can't wait to see DUNDERHEADEDNESSES worked into my next essay.)

By the way, flops, I was really impressed that you called them up. There seem to be a number of different links sprinkled through these bot posts. Any idea if they're all for the same polished administration?
Old 10-24-2017, 07:16 AM

flops is an unknown quantity at this point

As the quality of the "writing" would suggest, most of them link back to IP's of related patina. It would seem that most of them overcharge their customers and underpay their "writers". Most uni's have software that detects plaigiarism, but not these services, but most lecturers say that they can identify an essay written by their students by the syntax, tone, etc.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flops View Post
As the quality of the "writing" would suggest, most of them link back to IP's of related patina. It would seem that most of them overcharge their customers and underpay their "writers". Most uni's have software that detects plaigiarism, but not these services, but most lecturers say that they can identify an essay written by their students by the syntax, tone, etc.
I'm a dinosaur, and I wrote most of my stuff in college longhand, or if I was lucky, had it typed. Plagiarism would have been harder to detect then. Anyway, if the bot posts are any indication, yes, anything somebody got from there would be a pretty severe change in tone, syntax, etc. (If not, I feel sorry for their professors/graders.) You might be able to reproduce the style by taking some text & auto-translating it into a series of languages, ending up back at English.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:39 AM

bwt1213 is an unknown quantity at this point

A long time ago, there was a story about an automatic translation system that was supposed to do mechanical translation between Russian and English. As a test, the system was given "the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak". The passage was translated to Russian and then back to English with the result "the vokda is good but the meat is rotten".
Old 10-25-2017, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwt1213 View Post
A long time ago, there was a story about an automatic translation system that was supposed to do mechanical translation between Russian and English. As a test, the system was given "the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak". The passage was translated to Russian and then back to English with the result "the vokda is good but the meat is rotten".
That's pretty good! Then again, maybe the translation system knew more than it was letting on.

I heard a story about a guy who wrote a dictionary to translate between two languages. I don't remember which ones, but apparently the writer didn't know either of them. The result was supposed to have been pretty entertaining.

I haven't tried the google "translate this page" feature for a while, but going from German to English was pretty funny sometimes.