Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > The Boo Yeah Corner

Old 11-22-2017, 12:06 PM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAkaMrP View Post
Hey! I half accomplished my goal of top score/top words on a board with 50 previous plays. I know there are many others here who could obliterate my 262 on this board, but still, it was nice to see the star on total points together with Played: 50 times.
That's one of the most unique and specific goals I've seen. I hope you achieve it soon.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:00 AM

JohnAkaMrP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatan View Post
That's one of the most unique and specific goals I've seen. I hope you achieve it soon.
Thanks! At the same I set the goal, I don't think I had ever seen a board with more than 50 prior plays, so I figured besting 50 previous plays was as good of a goal as any. Since then, I'm almost sure I've seen a board with 51 previous plays, so that called into question what I thought was the MO of the game to reset boards after some specific number of plays.

About my only other goals at the moment are personal bests on a score and number of words for an individual board. Besting 120 words in two minutes could take me a long time, insofar as I think I could be at my personal plateau of capability to find/type words.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Thanks! At the same I set the goal, I don't think I had ever seen a board with more than 50 prior plays, so I figured besting 50 previous plays was as good of a goal as any. Since then, I'm almost sure I've seen a board with 51 previous plays, so that called into question what I thought was the MO of the game to reset boards after some specific number of plays.
I've seen a few games with 52 plays but no higher than that. I was advised by some folks who have played here longer than me that after 51, 52 games played, the stats for the board are reset and the game is recycled.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:00 AM
Premium Member

Razorflame is on the road to greatness

Quote:
You're one of the Jedi masters of this game, and it's fun to see how I can do on boards you and some of the other masters have played, just to see if I can surpass 50-60% of your score!.
I won't deny Brisul is very, very good at this game, but he is still a long ways from the true Jedi Masters of this game: ThunderRock and MegaWord He's still way above me in ability, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatan View Post
I've seen a few games with 52 plays but no higher than that. I was advised by some folks who have played here longer than me that after 51, 52 games played, the stats for the board are reset and the game is recycled.
53 is the highest I've seen. No higher.

Last edited by Razorflame : 11-23-2017 at 08:00 AM. Reason: +
Old 12-12-2017, 12:26 PM

JohnAkaMrP is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just met my best of 50 goal for total points and words. I guess we've all seen boards with > 50 plays. However, at the time I set my goal, I was still thinking that all boards reset after that 51st play, so the satisfaction of besting 50 previous plays was only for that 51st player to see, after which the board would next appear as one with no plays. Anyway, I've met my primary (albeit random) goal.

I'm trying to think of a good goal other than maybe hitting 600 points and/or 125 words in 4x4. I think hitting either could be months away, and perhaps I should shoot for something I can hitter soon?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Goal met.JPG (37.3 KB, 20 views)
Old 12-12-2017, 02:41 PM

Congrats! You did it. The sky is the limit for any goals. Just ask MegaWord.