Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > The Boo Yeah Corner

Old 12-15-2017, 06:31 AM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

I set a new personal best record for futility today. At yesterday's end I was pleased to see I had added 47 records on the day. I knew I struggled in my night time session. I was presented with a few new games where I didn't spot much of anything of value. Nevertheless I closed the day with TENDERHEARTEDNESSES for 36 pts. This morning I checked overnight attrition and I lost 17 records in 9 hours, a new personal worst. Lol You have to take the good with the bad, I guess. I still kept 30... so far. (lemons, lemonade etc.)
Seems like all kinds of folks are ramping up their game here. Lots of new usernames appearing in the Most Points Scored in a Single Word list for the month.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:31 AM

Spike1007 has received several accolades

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatan View Post
I set a new personal best record for futility today. At yesterday's end I was pleased to see I had added 47 records on the day. I knew I struggled in my night time session. I was presented with a few new games where I didn't spot much of anything of value. Nevertheless I closed the day with TENDERHEARTEDNESSES for 36 pts. This morning I checked overnight attrition and I lost 17 records in 9 hours, a new personal worst. Lol You have to take the good with the bad, I guess. I still kept 30... so far. (lemons, lemonade etc.)
Seems like all kinds of folks are ramping up their game here. Lots of new usernames appearing in the Most Points Scored in a Single Word list for the month.
I may have been responsible for one (or two, if you count longest word & most points) of those. I apologize. Feel free to take mine.

I think you're right about more people finding longer words. I try for better (longer & higher-scoring) words than have been found on a board, and it seems to be getting harder to get the really long ones. (It's also possible that I'm just not finding them.)

Last edited by Spike1007 : 12-15-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike1007 View Post
I may have been responsible for one (or two, if you count longest word & most points) of those. I apologize. Feel free to take mine.
No need to apologize at all Spike. If you can take it, do so! I don't mind; it's part of the game. It's my fault for not playing a better word, which, as you alluded to, we can't do all the time.
When I posted that, I was having a laugh at my dismal showing from my night time session.

Last edited by lalatan : 12-15-2017 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-24-2017, 06:05 AM

Default Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays (take your pick) to the hundreds of people who read this forum and never post anything. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to those I have interacted with on this forum. I have enjoyed chatting with you. It makes playing the game much more interesting and satisfying.
Enjoy the games!

Last edited by lalatan : 12-24-2017 at 06:21 AM.
Old 12-24-2017, 06:22 AM
Premium Member

crazykate is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatan View Post
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays (take your pick) to the hundreds of people who read this forum and never post anything. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to those I have interacted with on this forum. I have enjoyed chatting with you. It makes the game much more interesting and satisfying.
Enjoy the games!
Somewhat fittingly, I just found the word DISCOURSES.
Happy holidays and the best of luck and (more importantly) good health in the new year, to everyone who reads this.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:07 AM

ThunderRock is on the road to greatness

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone. May all your wishes come true. Enjoy playing against everyone and reading the forums. GO SAINTS !!!
Old 12-24-2017, 07:21 AM
Premium Member

crazykate is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderRock View Post
GO SAINTS !!!
Ist that the contemporaty version of "O come all ye faithful", or is that a sports team?
Old 12-24-2017, 07:33 AM

I'm not big on religion, but I'm a firm believer in holidays, so Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays/Hannukah/Kwanzaa/Festivus or whatever you celebrate! May all your WordTwist dreams come true.
Old 12-24-2017, 08:48 AM
Keeps Trying

mcdonna is an unknown quantity at this point

And don't forget a belated Happy Winter Solstice! As of last Thursday, the days have started getting warmer in the northern hemisphere, and I for one am supremely grateful for the extra rays of sunshine.
Old 12-24-2017, 09:20 AM

How could I forget! Anyway, it's definitely not warmer here yet, but at least I'm inside for the day. It goes up & down here a lot, and by Wednesday it'll be 20 degrees warmer. I'll consider that Spring (for now).

I haven't found any season-appropriate words today, unless you count GASTROENTEROLOGIES.

Last edited by Spike1007 : 12-24-2017 at 09:23 AM.