Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > The Boo Yeah Corner

Old 12-08-2017, 12:55 PM
MegaDestructor9

MegaWord is on the road to greatness
Default [4x4] New Points Record

[4x4] - 1,364 pts & 225 wds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cayVhq7SubM

New record on a new puzzle, first time playing it. It has a K with so many easy words and high scoring. For me, this is the best puzzle for high score I've ever played. And this wasn't my cleanest play either, I believe 1,400 points is realistically possible now. Before I started playing this session I said in my heart "I want to really go at it for the record", 15 minutes later it happened. There really are a lot of great high scoring puzzles that weren't there before. I guess the next big goals for 4x4 are 1,400 points and 250 words. Something epic to strive for yet again.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:49 PM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

Wow!!! Congrats on achieving your new record!
One of these days you're going to crash the website from too much input too fast so please be careful.
(I don't really know how the games are recorded on this website. Seems to be done in batches rather than real time. I've played an entire game after internet connection was lost. Only had a problem when it was submitted.)

Last edited by lalatan : 12-12-2017 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:59 AM

Wow this is a tough crowd, MegaWord!! I decided to wait a while and see what happened before posting on your thread because I'm always yacking on this forum. What happened was nothing for 4 days. You set another all-time record with video proof and got crickets from the hoi polloi. It's amazing how quickly the extraordinary becomes commonplace in people's minds.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:32 AM
MegaDestructor9

Default Tough Crowd

That's all right. I'm reminded of my past, accomplishing time attack records in Mega Man 9, then I received as much praise as anyone would desire. This causes me to reflect on why I am even doing this. Surely there is something more fulfilling to endeavor. Recently I discovered a story called "Berserk". I love the character Guts and relate to his personality.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:00 PM

Spike1007 has received several accolades

Megaword, I'll have to check on "Berserk". Anyway, I blame the lack of response on the fact that you're so damn good & keep getting better. When (I'd say not if) you break 2000 on 5x5 (if you haven't already), most of us will just think "well, sure, we knew it was coming...".

Belated congratulations though.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaWord View Post
That's all right. I'm reminded of my past, accomplishing time attack records in Mega Man 9, then I received as much praise as anyone would desire. This causes me to reflect on why I am even doing this. Surely there is something more fulfilling to endeavor.
Although it would be sad I'd understand if you chose to leave. Your experience with accolades parallels my experience on facebook. I regularly posted photos I'd taken and initially got all kinds of positive feedback from my then scores of fb friends. Then it dried up to nothing over time and I examined why I was doing it. So I quit doing it except once in a long while. I had 1 person tell me, "I love your photography!" in person (which told me they looked at them) but had never once even made the effort to click the like button on any of them for months.
On this forum there are 1,886 "active members" but I'd say only 50 or less ever post anything and most of them infrequently. This thread has almost 25k views so people read it. So the sad truth would seem to be they can't be bothered to type even a 1 word congratulation, even though they respect and admire your accomplishments. (They'd have to be severely brain damaged to not respect them.)

Last edited by lalatan : 12-14-2017 at 07:09 AM.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:09 AM
MegaDestructor9

Default Why?

I thought about it lately. I have a problem opening up my heart to others thereby receiving love. This praise, respect, and admiration is a way to make me feel loved, worthy, and appreciated. It is better than nothing when one is starving. My tendency towards this behavior began when my family was destroyed and I was emotionally disconnected from everyone. Maybe that's part of the reason why I do this.
Old 12-16-2017, 02:53 PM

Spike1007 has received several accolades

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaWord View Post
I thought about it lately. I have a problem opening up my heart to others thereby receiving love. This praise, respect, and admiration is a way to make me feel loved, worthy, and appreciated. It is better than nothing when one is starving. My tendency towards this behavior began when my family was destroyed and I was emotionally disconnected from everyone. Maybe that's part of the reason why I do this.
Take this for what it's worth, or ignore it. I won't pretend to know what you really feel, but I can definitely empathize with the giving/receiving love thing. (I have my own problems opening up.) Anyway, in spite of all our pasts, I think we all go for love, praise and appreciation where we can find it. I'd say that you're definitely appreciated here (or really, held in awe). This is a community that you're a part of, so, if I may be so bold, get into it a little more. (That is, at least let some of the real you show through in posts, although the last one definitely counted.) We might as well talk about things that matter.

Last edited by Spike1007 : 12-16-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:04 AM
MegaDestructor9

Default The Self

I only explained that to enlighten people about me, not for emotional support. As for the needs: I choose to believe in myself whether other people accept me or not. My identity or reputation is held within according to my own integrity, others opinions are not important. My security is not guaranteed, I was homeless living in my car for a while, then I realized that I can handle anything, everyone has to, there is no end, might as well embrace the present vigorously and give thanks for every good thing. My reason or purpose for living is whatever I desire it to be. I love being vigorous. That's my thoughts about it.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:55 AM

Fair enough.