Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > General Chit Chat

Old 05-16-2018, 06:48 AM

Spike1007 has received several accolades

Hi kate,

This does seem relevant again. I can't really put my finger on why, although I do feel strangely compelled to write (or buy) an essay. (Or to buy black market guns, tanks & ammo, although they seem to have deleted that thread.)

Spike & Joey are pretty good. Spike's getting older & doesn't have the mobility he used to. To get on a bed or sofa, he grabs the fabric with his front paws & kind of pushes off/pulls himself up. His mother (who belonged to my brother in Kansas) died recently. When I told Spike, he took it pretty well. For Joey, it's apparently puking season. That's generally OK, except for the other day when he was on my lap & got my jeans, my boot, a piece of paper & the rug.

How are things there?
Old 05-17-2018, 11:38 AM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

Sorry kate, we have no pets. Our landlords have 2 dogs so anytime we feel the need to pet a furry animal they are just a call away. It's a great arrangement: no vet fees, no dog food expense, no cleanup (except when their hair gets carried into our car on the soles of our shoes), no destructive or gruesome behaviors we have to deal with.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:47 PM

boberto is an unknown quantity at this point

I was actually just about to make my first reply to a post yesterday about my annoyance with boolean (I mean, Boolean) not being in the dictionary, but then discovered I was going to reply to spam, and then further discovered that oh my goodness, one of the few things I'd seen in the forums that I felt strongly enough to post about had been talked to complete and utter death (I read the stackexchange link someone else had linked to). 24 more hours of lurkerdom until I logged back in and behold, repopulating the thread with things not spam is yet another topic that I feel strongly enough to post about. Yay.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:34 AM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by boberto View Post
oh my goodness, one of the few things I'd seen in the forums that I felt strongly enough to post about had been talked to complete and utter death (I read the stackexchange link someone else had linked to). 24 more hours of lurkerdom until I logged back in and behold, repopulating the thread with things not spam is yet another topic that I feel strongly enough to post about. Yay.
Lol, boberto! "talked to complete and utter death" Exactly my thoughts on that thread. I'm glad you found something to finally vent your spleen about.

The spam posts aren't always bad. Just recently I wondered about how a person could buy black-market weapons to stage a coup d'etat somewhere and then that link popped up! No need for me to wonder anymore. The internet is such a useful source of information.