Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > FAQs and Help Area

Old 08-12-2017, 08:02 AM

Spike1006 is an unknown quantity at this point

You're kidding, right? I don't keep close track of anybody's scores (aside from mine, of course), but you seem to do very well. Plus I enjoy your posts.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:59 AM
Premium Member

Brisul is on the road to greatness

I appreciate that. For me, after playing as long as I have, I only play to place in the top three in average scores. Anything short of that just feels like I'm not playing up to my abilities. I decided to go on hiatus from 4x4 because even though I manage to place every month I play, it takes every bit of my ability just to get to the minimal amount of games needed to qualify. And it usually takes me until the last day of qualifying to get to game #51. Meanwhile the top players have already placed by the second week of the month.

I thought I'd try on a lark these 5x5 games and I really started to enjoy them. Then I looked up the top scorers and realized they were in an entirely different league. I just don't want to break up my streak of trophies with a weak showing on these boards.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:11 PM
Premium Member

fasteddieb is an unknown quantity at this point

Give it a month and I'm sure you'll be right up there once you get used to it a little more.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:31 PM

crazykate is on the road to greatness

I agree with fasteddieb, you're already on a high level for someone just starting on 5x5, just play 49 games this month to practise, and next month you'll be in the top 10 for sure.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:41 AM

thinkbig is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddieb View Post
Here's a video on my brother's computer before they updated the algorithm that shows my fingers as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2TyDS7Qk1Q
I've improved my vocab and pattern recognition since then plus with the new algorithm there's bigger boards.
My latest videos don't show my fingers because I haven't been back to my brother's place but they're on my same channel (videos without showing my fingers).
Very impressive! You're in the same league as the people who solve Rubik's cube in under 10 seconds, accomplishing the seemingly impossible. (I just checked the world record for it and Feliks Zemdegs did it 4.73 seconds!!! I thought it was incredible when they went under 10 seconds.)