Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > General Chit Chat

Old 09-21-2008, 12:35 AM

nana4xs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does anyone remember Boggle at games.com?

Several years ago there was,(and still is) a web site called games.com that had different games one of them being boggle. There were different rooms to play in, you just had to select one. Of course once you got into a room and players were much better than you, you had to leave to go to a room where you could win some points.It was a lot of fun. The chat was right there in the play room so you could greet different players or congratulate them or whatever you had to say. It was great. They changed the site and took boggle off. I don't know of another site....does anyone? This site right here is the best one I have found since.Glad I found it!
Old 09-21-2008, 08:00 PM

jackpat50 is on the road to greatness
Default Old Boggle Site

Hi, Nana, I remember it well. I was addicted to the site and was so sad when it was taken away. It was the absolute best. And so good for people like me who are lousy typists. I used to mouse and though you can use the mouse here, you can't click and drag, so it slows you down. But I'm happy to be here and enjoying this site, too.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:57 PM

jilli_mc is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to jilli_mc
Smile

Admin posted a message recently in the FAQ's posts - There will soon be a new version here which will let you click and drag! I am looking forward to that too!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:44 AM

nana4xs is an unknown quantity at this point

I was addicted to the site also jackpat50 and loved the fact that you could use the mouse. Thanks jilli_mc for letting me know it is coming back. I will definitely check it out.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:43 AM

MadSlantedPowers is an unknown quantity at this point

I played there quite frequently. I started out kind of slow so my rating went way down, but then worked my way back up to above the beginning 1200 at one point. Or maybe they reset everything and I got to start from scratch once I was better at it.

I remember having frequent problems logging in or having the thing crash, but when it was working, it was fun.

There was another Scrabble based game that I started playing there before the old site disappeared along with Boggle. In that one, you played solo, but your scores were compared to the others in the room.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:01 PM

seedyjay is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to go there too, but when I started having trouble logging in I stopped. I did like the head-to-head competition and being able to congratulate (be congratulated by?) people for blowing away the competition on the spot.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:39 AM

Turbo is an unknown quantity at this point

I was also addicted to the games.com version of Boggle. The best replacements I have found so far are this site (yay!), as well as the Prolific application on Facebook (but of course you have to be a Facebook user). It is live and yes, you get to chat and congratulate; however, there are dictionary penalties for wrong words! Lots of fun.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:57 AM

MadSlantedPowers is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
I was also addicted to the games.com version of Boggle. The best replacements I have found so far are this site (yay!), as well as the Prolific application on Facebook (but of course you have to be a Facebook user). It is live and yes, you get to chat and congratulate; however, there are dictionary penalties for wrong words! Lots of fun.
I've played the Facebook one a few times. I didn't notice any penalties, but I was just playing solo. I know a lot of words I can use on this site are invalid there.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:01 AM

ency29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana4xs View Post
Several years ago there was,(and still is) a web site called games.com that had different games one of them being boggle. There were different rooms to play in, you just had to select one. Of course once you got into a room and players were much better than you, you had to leave to go to a room where you could win some points.It was a lot of fun. The chat was right there in the play room so you could greet different players or congratulate them or whatever you had to say. It was great. They changed the site and took boggle off. I don't know of another site....does anyone? This site right here is the best one I have found since.Glad I found it!
yeah i was damn looking for it. i saw it was transferred to atari.com but it was also gone. that boggle is the best! i was a red player there. =( so sad it's gone. if anyone found the same boggle kindly inform. it used to be my past time.