Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > The Boo Yeah Corner

Old 09-07-2017, 08:31 AM

Spike1007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatan View Post
fwiw, I achieved my goal of 1k each of longest word and best word records on Sept. 2. As of now, I hold 1,043 best word records and 1,090 longest word records in 5x5 for a total of 2,133 in 4 calendar months. So, even though I'm mostly striking out today, I'm pleased with the results.

Onwards to 2k each and 20k overall!!
That's really impressive! As 007, I've been around since 8/19, and I'm 101/109. A little extrapolation shows that I'm way short of you.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:10 AM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike1007 View Post
That's really impressive! As 007, I've been around since 8/19, and I'm 101/109. A little extrapolation shows that I'm way short of you.
Thanks a lot Spike! I could have gotten more than I did if I hadn't been intermittently chasing 4x4 records during the last 4 months. I slowly tapered off of it and quit altogether a month ago. But I finally made up my mind what I wanted to do. haha

You have achieved some solid numbers in a short time there! And, like I had to, you are probably still developing your shorter words game. So I think you'll improve even more as you gain more experience.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:38 AM

As 007, my original intention was to accept any records, whether it was for longest word or highest points. Aside from finding out that shorter words were harder for me to find, I started being susceptible to "score creep", where I only wanted to accept words that were worth enough (say 25+). I do find myself throwing away a lot of boards that way, although I'd still say that I'd be far short of your records even if I hadn't abandoned them.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:23 AM

Since we've apparently been invaded again by the robo-posters, I was just checking to see if this still works.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:33 AM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike1007 View Post
Since we've apparently been invaded again by the robo-posters, I was just checking to see if this still works.
Yup still good working order. I played the board where you got 41 pts for ULTRAMINIATURIZATIONS 2 days after you set the record. I saw that you played PALAEOANTHROPOLOGISTS for 40 pts and new records, the prefix version I forgot to play when I played that board about 3 days ago for a then record 38 pts. The games are working their way around. haha
Btw, I updated my stats on the previous post above cuz I got on a streak last night and added 23 more records by day's end.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatan View Post
Yup still good working order. I played the board where you got 41 pts for ULTRAMINIATURIZATIONS 2 days after you set the record. I saw that you played PALAEOANTHROPOLOGISTS for 40 pts and new records, the prefix version I forgot to play when I played that board about 3 days ago for a then record 38 pts. The games are working their way around. haha
Btw, I updated my stats on the previous post above cuz I got on a streak last night and added 23 more records by day's end.
Damn! I'll have to up my game.

With PALAEOATHTHROPOLOGISTS, I did get that with and without the S at the end, and both the PALAEO- and PALEO- versions. Not quite as good as the best, but that did give 4 words with a 38 average. I actually ran across that twice, but I think both were as 007. (I'm trying for higher as 005.)