Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > General Chit Chat

Old 05-04-2017, 06:18 PM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

Congrats on your impressive (stupendious) find TR! In this game you just never know so might as well try it.

Last edited by lalatan : 05-05-2017 at 04:16 AM.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:35 AM

Spike1005 is on the road to greatness

Whenever I see OVER or MULTI I'll try to find a longer word to go with it. It never would have occurred to me to put them together. Good job!
Old 05-05-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleRace View Post
I regularly see multi, just can't do anything with it.
So I was happy, happy to find multitudes even if I didn't get a Big Word.

Then, I stalled on the board and for kicks and giggles put the "over" in front of it.

It worked! Hot dog! Got a new longest word too...
OVERMULTITUDES 14 lts, 26 pts
I was playing a 4x4 board and ran into the same situation as you. The best word record was 8 points. I noticed "over" and started to join it with other adjacent words. I got OVERCOY for 12 points. It just goes to show you that you should never be OVERCOY about pairing "over" with other words. Lol

I ventured into 5x5 turf today. So many letters to choose from!! I managed to set 2 records, 17 points and 9 letters for SNARKIEST. (Haha, it was a new game.) On another board I got 11 points for GOVERNMENTS. The best word record was SUPERGOVERNMENTS for 30 points. So close yet SO far! I shouldn't be OVERCOY about adding "super" to words either.

I figure I'll stick to 4x4 for now. Maybe when I feel like I've graduated I'll jump back into the BIG word environment of 5x5. It took me 3 years to get my first first-place trophy for average points/word under my username, thinkbig, 2 months ago. I repeated under my original username, ibme54, last month. So I'd like to ride the crest for a while before wiping out repeatedly on 5x5. Lol

Happy hunting to all.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:41 AM
Premium Member

TurtleRace is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike1005 View Post
Whenever I see OVER or MULTI I'll try to find a longer word to go with it. It never would have occurred to me to put them together. Good job!
Thanks a bunch, Spike! I've tried lots of things I thought would work, but didn't. This one surprised me.

Good games to you
TR
Old 05-05-2017, 11:01 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatan View Post
I was playing a 4x4 board and ran into the same situation as you. The best word record was 8 points. I noticed "over" and started to join it with other adjacent words. I got OVERCOY for 12 points. It just goes to show you that you should never be OVERCOY about pairing "over" with other words. Lol

I ventured into 5x5 turf today. So many letters to choose from!! I managed to set 2 records, 17 points and 9 letters for SNARKIEST. (Haha, it was a new game.) On another board I got 11 points for GOVERNMENTS. The best word record was SUPERGOVERNMENTS for 30 points. So close yet SO far! I shouldn't be OVERCOY about adding "super" to words either.

I figure I'll stick to 4x4 for now. Maybe when I feel like I've graduated I'll jump back into the BIG word environment of 5x5. It took me 3 years to get my first first-place trophy for average points/word under my username, thinkbig, 2 months ago. I repeated under my original username, ibme54, last month. So I'd like to ride the crest for a while before wiping out repeatedly on 5x5. Lol

Happy hunting to all.
Lol! Great descriptions!
Congratulations on the over-the-top words and games, and trophies! Both boards are real challenges and a great way to have some fun.

I wonder if SUPERCOY would work...

Enjoy!
TR
Old 05-05-2017, 11:18 AM
Premium Member

lalatan

PS: Lol! Got the new Best Word on the first game I played after the post to you:

OVERING
Old 05-05-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleRace View Post
lalatan

PS: Lol! Got the new Best Word on the first game I played after the post to you:

OVERING
Thanks for the congrats TR.

After I posted today I played some more 5x5. Found transcendentalnesses on 1 board and constructivenesses on another, both worth 34 points. Maybe there's hope for me in 5x5.

On another board I saw multi in the upper right corner. I saw I could connect lingu to it but couldn't get multilingual. Then at the bottom left corner I saw ists. I thought, "Wait a minute. LINGUISTS is a word so maybe MULTILINGUISTS is too!" 26 points and 24 points for the singular. I felt bad it wasn't you who found it. But be on the lookout; it's out there.

There's some kind of crazy synergy going on here. We talk about something and it shows up in the games we play. lol

PS: If I see SUPERCOY I'll play it. lol

Last edited by lalatan : 05-05-2017 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:40 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatan View Post
Thanks for the congrats TR.

After I posted today I played some more 5x5. Found transcendentalnesses on 1 board and constructivenesses on another, both worth 34 points. Maybe there's hope for me in 5x5.

On another board I saw multi in the upper right corner. I saw I could connect lingu to it but couldn't get multilingual. Then at the bottom left corner I saw ists. I thought, "Wait a minute. LINGUISTS is a word so maybe MULTILINGUISTS is too!" 26 points and 24 points for the singular. I felt bad it wasn't you who found it. But be on the lookout; it's out there.

There's some kind of crazy synergy going on here. We talk about something and it shows up in the games we play. lol

PS: If I see SUPERCOY I'll play it. lol
That's so neat! Sounds like you can play where ever you want and find great words. "Talking" about the game is fun and helps keep and create some helpful ways to play (and sometimes "don't do that"). I'm hoping it will help anytime someone has a "Geez. Why am I even trying?" day, too.

It is amazing how the words are showing after we post..... Wonder if we can preset? I'm thinking about a 22 letter word I missed and saw as my game was submitting. It started with COUNTER. Lol. (but just in case)

Enjoy!
TR
Old 05-06-2017, 08:57 PM

DrPlacebo is on the road to greatness

I got points for TETRIS.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:43 AM

snsmithaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPlacebo View Post
Also, GLAMPS.
Just scored jedi, then looked up lightsaber/lightsabre and droid. They're all words in our dictionary.