Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > General Chit Chat

Old 05-18-2017, 09:28 PM
Premium Member

Razorflame is on the road to greatness
Question Chances

What are the chances of getting the same board twice in a row, I wonder? It just happened to me...
Old 05-19-2017, 09:34 AM
Premium Member

pdiddp has received several accolades

I'd say pretty rare! I've seen the same board come up the same day several times but only once in three years of playing have I had the same board come up twice in a row.

Of course if the order of the boards is truly randomized then a board that was just played should have the same chance as any other board of showing up. Enjoy it when it happens! I don't know how many times I've finished a game, seen what the long or best word was and thought "if I could only do it over!"
Old 05-19-2017, 10:11 AM
Premium Member

Brisul is on the road to greatness

I just played a game where I held the high score of 766 and I scored 766 again. I know, different subject, but it was still pretty cool. I've played the same game almost back to back before. There was a game between them.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:45 AM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

It happened to me this week, the same low-scoring game twice in a row. So it was of no benefit to me whatsoever.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisul View Post
I just played a game where I held the high score of 766 and I scored 766 again. I know, different subject, but it was still pretty cool..

I've done that twice. Unlike you, I thought, "Why couldn't I have scored just 1 more point ?!" lol I'm too much of an overachiever.

(Great score and consistency btw)
Old 05-19-2017, 01:44 PM
Premium Member

Brisul is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatan View Post
I've done that twice. Unlike you, I thought, "Why couldn't I have scored just 1 more point ?!" lol I'm too much of an overachiever.

(Great score and consistency btw)
Oh, normally I'm with you. But after I the final second clicked, I looked and thought "That's pretty cool." I've been struggling with getting high scores lately, so I was just happy overall.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:09 PM

crazykate is on the road to greatness

I'm not sure if I ever had the same board twice in a row, but occasionally I got the same board with only two or three boards in between. The last time it happened I was a bit frustrated though, because I got fewer points and words the second time around, although I did find a few words I'd missed the first time.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:00 PM
Premium Member

pdiddp has received several accolades

That's happened to me when I've come across a board that I'd just played recently, I seem to struggle to match my earlier score let alone better it. Same as with the occasional board I play where I've set one of the records, I often find it hard to find that long word or match that word count or whatever.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddp View Post
Same as with the occasional board I play where I've set one of the records, I often find it hard to find that long word or match that word count or whatever.
That has happened so often to me that I just move on to the next game unless it looks like I could easily improve on it. Occasionally I do better my previous record, which usually surprises me.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:40 PM
Premium Member

Razorflame is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddp View Post
That's happened to me when I've come across a board that I'd just played recently, I seem to struggle to match my earlier score let alone better it. Same as with the occasional board I play where I've set one of the records, I often find it hard to find that long word or match that word count or whatever.
This happens to me somewhat frequently as well.