Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > General Chit Chat

Old 01-21-2017, 04:44 PM
MegaDestructor9

MegaWord is on the road to greatness
Default To to faithless

Sgt. Bean:

"It's hard for me to believe that anyone can type 160+ words in two minutes. The probability of that is too high.

Whenever I see that many words, all I can think of is that the person is a cheater. Someone with low self esteem, that think that they can impress upon everyone else on how good they are. Very shameful indeed."

It seems to me that you have low self esteem to attack someone for their excellent and legitimate achievements because you feel inferior. I have higher all-time records than anyone on this site (over 240 words in 2 minutes), and have many videos to prove the legitimacy. I love playing this game, progressing in skill, memorizing more words. Showing other people who love the game my achievements is great because they can learn from them, be encouraged, and be provided with proof. I was encouraged by others who were more progressed than me years ago. Though, I must admit I do love impressing people.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:34 AM

ToniMcentire is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to ToniMcentire Send a message via Skype™ to ToniMcentire

Fair play for everyone!
F*** cheaters!
Cheaters are not players, the only thing they deserve is BAN!
Love for everyone else
And here comes the shark!
A curtain!
Old 05-28-2017, 06:08 AM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaWord View Post
Sgt. Bean:

"It's hard for me to believe that anyone can type 160+ words in two minutes. The probability of that is too high.

Whenever I see that many words, all I can think of is that the person is a cheater. Someone with low self esteem, that think that they can impress upon everyone else on how good they are. Very shameful indeed."

It seems to me that you have low self esteem to attack someone for their excellent and legitimate achievements because you feel inferior. I have higher all-time records than anyone on this site (over 240 words in 2 minutes), and have many videos to prove the legitimacy. I love playing this game, progressing in skill, memorizing more words. Showing other people who love the game my achievements is great because they can learn from them, be encouraged, and be provided with proof. I was encouraged by others who were more progressed than me years ago. Though, I must admit I do love impressing people.
I can't believe how often you get dumped on in these posts, MegaWord, even after you provided video proof. You have the patience of Job dealing with these haters. (I know he didn't refer to you in particular but I saw your post just above it.) This guy in the above post apparently registered just today to share his brilliant insight with us.

Having played 43k games over 3 years I have nothing but respect and admiration for your accomplishments and abilities. You have worked for it and are truly an amazing player!

Last edited by lalatan : 05-28-2017 at 06:48 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:45 PM
Premium Member

Brisul is on the road to greatness

Even I've scored 160 words in a game and I wouldn't consider myself super fast. Some times we just get into grooves and there's no stopping.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:13 PM

Praise Satan! is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatan View Post
I can't believe how often you get dumped on in these posts, MegaWord, even after you provided video proof. You have the patience of Job dealing with these haters. (I know he didn't refer to you in particular but I saw your post just above it.) This guy in the above post apparently registered just today to share his brilliant insight with us.

Having played 43k games over 3 years I have nothing but respect and admiration for your accomplishments and abilities. You have worked for it and are truly an amazing player!
Hallelujah.
Old 05-29-2017, 02:13 AM

dannyb is on the road to greatness

Babe Ruth, Gordie Howe, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Mega Word.

nuff said
Old 05-29-2017, 04:35 AM

zolorbowl is an unknown quantity at this point

Sgt. Bean:

I made this video for you, so you can see that 160 words in 2 minutes is possible.

https://youtu.be/lHnHtvAzXuQ

In this game I score 783 points on 161 words. I sat the camera on the table's back corner, so that you can see my hands typing, as I recall a previous comment regarding never seeing the players hands. I have been playing this game for 6 years and have gradually refined my game, this is how to achieve high scores.

Sgt. Bean don't give up so quickly, if you keep playing a few games a day you will be amazed at your improvement after a couple of months. You'll broaden your vocabulary and prove to yourself that you can do things that seem impossible.

Below is a link to a slide show presentation that I made for a recent computer programming class where I describe a programmatic approach to WordTwist, comparing it to JavaScript's single-threaded ways. You don't need any prerequisite knowledge to follow the slide show, and it might give you some insight, through a more experienced lens, into how to find so many words.

https://docs.google.com/presentation...it?usp=sharing

Good luck with all future endeavors, and walk before you run.

~Zolorbowl
Old 05-30-2017, 11:59 AM

thinkbig is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool post zolorbowl. (I liked your magic too.) You're an excellent all-around player.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:39 AM

Fastfaxer is an unknown quantity at this point

It's difficult to determine who is using software and who isn't. Unbeatable is definitely a cheater. 2xysters, on the other hand, I'm pretty sure is just really good at the game. One person I'm trying to figure out is ThunderRock. Does anybody know who this guy is? He's certainly played a lot of games, but I've seen several games where he has gotten literally all of the possible words (over 150) which just seems inhuman. Also, his longest word is "Otorhinolaryngologist" which I am calling bullshit on.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:57 AM

Spike1006 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have no proof, but I tend to think that ThunderRock is real. I go for long words myself, and getting OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGIST without cheating is definitely not out of the realm of possibility. I've gotten part of that before. (I seem to remember at least getting the RHINOLARYNGOLOGIST part recently, although I don't remember if it worked.) Now, if he/she got that word plus all the other words on that board, I'd be suspicious.

As a PS, I did see crazykate mention beating ThunderRock on a board, so my current guess is that he/she's real, but very good.

Last edited by Spike1006 : 08-09-2017 at 08:28 AM.