Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > The Boo Yeah Corner

Old 11-26-2017, 11:50 AM
Premium Member

Brisul is on the road to greatness
Default Here's how good the 5x5 competition is

Even if I finished with the requisite number of games to compete with my average intact, I would still only be in 4th place...and my average is OVER 900!!!
Old 11-26-2017, 05:37 PM
Premium Member

crazykate is on the road to greatness

Incredible... I just checked and fasteddieb and Megaword both managed to max out at 999.999 average points again, seems that their real average is well above 1k.

Still, both your and ThunderRock's 900+ average scores are incredibly impressive, well done!!
Old 11-26-2017, 05:51 PM
Premium Member

The only reason ThunderRock isn't also at 999.99 is because he probably broke three or four fingers on one of his hands. The guy is a total Hall of Famer and I'm just psyched to be playing with any of them.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:28 PM

flops is an unknown quantity at this point

funny word isn't it? (average). I love English because there are so many words that have more than one meaning. Bris...your average is an excellent average...what, huh? yep...on average, I am correct, only averagely correct, but still...I'm taking it..xx
Old 11-27-2017, 03:28 AM
Premium Member

I was just talking about the word extraordinary. That word by its definition should not be a compliment at all. Ordinary is the mundane and routine. Almost boring. To say something is EXTRA ordinary is a put down, right?
Old 11-27-2017, 05:26 AM

bwt1213 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have noticed fasteddieb posted as the highest score on boards with a high of less than 500. By the number of words available, I wouldn't have thought anyone would get much more than 200 total points, but fasteddieb more than doubled that. The point is that fasteddieb is averaging over 1000 points a game and playing as though the high score isn't even important.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:15 AM

flops is an unknown quantity at this point

That would make fasteddieb extraunadordinary then, but I don't think that would score.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:36 PM
Premium Member

Razorflame is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwt1213 View Post
I have noticed fasteddieb posted as the highest score on boards with a high of less than 500. By the number of words available, I wouldn't have thought anyone would get much more than 200 total points, but fasteddieb more than doubled that. The point is that fasteddieb is averaging over 1000 points a game and playing as though the high score isn't even important.
There are many, many boards in 5x5 that have over 500 words on the board, and eddie is only playing those boards. This is the same for MegaWord. They both only play boards with a high number of Ultra Rare and Common words, allowing them to easily find over 200 words per board. Both are very, very impressive players.