Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > The Boo Yeah Corner

Old 10-28-2017, 03:20 PM

Spike1007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonna View Post
I did notice but I just thought you guys ALWAYS get those amazing scores! Congratulations on reaching a new level of awesomeness!
Going by your recent finds. we'll soon be the ones calling you awesome.. (OK. you're already awesome, but you'll be more so....)

Last edited by Spike1007 : 10-28-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:33 PM
Premium Member

crazykate is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatan View Post
The unveiling was 2 days ago but it seemed to be a nonevent. haha
I already expected your name to pop up in first or second place, so I hardly noticed when it did
Congratulations!
Old 10-29-2017, 04:08 AM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

Thanks kate! Congrats to you on your very likely 3rd place trophy! Looks like it will be your first one. Well done and well deserved. Your word skills are amazing, especially considering that English isn't your first language.
Old 10-29-2017, 04:14 AM

Quote:
The unveiling was 2 days ago but it seemed to be a nonevent. haha
I have to admit this has been a little embarrassing for me. When I posted this I was goofing around. I didn't really expect any response after I played my 51st game except maybe a short one from mcdonna. Then you all offered me congratulations, which I nevertheless appreciate. So, thanks again everyone.
Enjoy the games! (as TR used to say)
Old 10-29-2017, 07:40 AM
Premium Member

mcdonna is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike1007 View Post
Going by your recent finds. we'll soon be the ones calling you awesome.. (OK. you're already awesome, but you'll be more so....)
Aw shucks, Spike, you are so damn sweet!

Quote:
Thanks kate! Congrats to you on your very likely 3rd place trophy! Looks like it will be your first one. Well done and well deserved. Your word skills are amazing, especially considering that English isn't your first language.
Agreed and congratulations, Kate!

Believe it or not, I got a 3rd place trophy for 5x5 average points per word back in October 2014 ... but my average was only 13.972! It seems that the scores get higher every month. You guys are playing in rarified air these days.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:53 AM
Premium Member

crazykate is on the road to greatness

Thanks guys. To be honest, I haven't had as much fun trophy-chasing this month. I hope I get to keep the 3rd position, because I probably won't try that again in a hurry.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:25 AM

Spike1007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazykate View Post
Thanks guys. To be honest, I haven't had as much fun trophy-chasing this month. I hope I get to keep the 3rd position, because I probably won't try that again in a hurry.
I don't want to leave you out, so a (possible premature) congratulations on 3rd! (As lalatan said, it's a great release to set up another identity (may I suggest crazierkate) & play for whatever seems right.)

OK, it's probably a good time to dissolve the mutual admiration society we have going. If I feel I deserve it next month (or later), I'll be happy to try to beat thinkbig, and I'm sure that you'll do the same to both of us.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazykate View Post
I understand that. You are adept at pursuing a variety of goals to keep it fresh for yourself. If you're not enjoying a certain style of play why continue? But you would of course be welcome back anytime to our avg pts/word fray as yourself or an alter ego.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonna View Post
Believe it or not, I got a 3rd place trophy for 5x5 average points per word back in October 2014 ... but my average was only 13.972! It seems that the scores get higher every month. You guys are playing in rarified air these days.
Admin posted in Dec. 2015 that before the new algorithms were put into effect the longest word was 15 ltrs. http://www.wordtwist.org/forum/showt...ecord#post5281 (So based on the limited length of words then and the resulting lower scores I would say you did well to win your trophy. )
Once they did that I think it triggered an explosion of new words and records that continues to reverberate (verberate is worth more points btw ) to this day.

Last edited by lalatan : 10-29-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:18 PM
Premium Member

mcdonna is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Admin posted in Dec. 2015 that before the new algorithms were put into effect the longest word was 15 ltrs....
Wow, that explains a lot! I have been thinking that (a) I must have been blind back then, and (b) there sure are a lot of boards with NESSES and ICALLY and TIONS and GRAPHIC and ABILITY etc in them. Thanks for the heads up.