Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > FAQs and Help Area

Old 10-22-2015, 11:49 PM
Retired mailman

bigbells is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaWord View Post

I don't know how to record a video on a computer (laptop). But I've made some videos and put them on youtube displaying much skill. Under the name MegaDestructor9, yes it's me. Famous for Mega Man 9 Time Attacks.
MegaWord: can you provide a link to a video you've uploaded to YouTube?

A search says there's not a YouTube channel (account) under the name MegaDestructor9.

I was able to find (I think) a video of a Mega Man 3 game that you played in 2009, where you set a new record. That video was uploaded by someone else, though, but it showed your real name. So, I searched for an account registered under your real name but only came up with a guy in England who has uploaded a bunch of music.

Go to a video of yours on YouTube. Then, copy the URL and post it here as a response, please.

Last edited by bigbells : 10-23-2015 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:55 AM
MegaDestructor9

MegaWord is on the road to greatness

https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaDestructor989

That's where most of my vids are. I had another account that was much greater but I removed it due to idiocy. I'm not active at all on this account really. The Timesplitters 2 records are really good. So much effort and patience was required. If you're hoping for a vid of wordtwist, there isn't one. Just video game records. And I've encountered unbelief occasionally in those ventures as well, but also much appreciated praise.

My Mega Man 9, 3, and Banjo-Tooie vids are hosted at Speed Demos Archive:
http://speeddemosarchive.com/

I'm picking up a seemingly reliable alternate wifi signal (unsecured). I have to be right in front of the window to pick it up; that's how I've been playing though, just had to switch windows.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:52 AM
Premium Member

Brisul is on the road to greatness

As much as I was discouraged a few months ago to get knocked out of first place, I wasn't "chased off" this site. Knowing that I didn't have the time to commit to being the best here as far as scores per game is concerned made it easier for me to focus on other priorities in my life . I'll admit that in my first few months here back in 2011-12, I thought there might be some cheaters on this site because some of those scores just seem completely unattainable. However, I never would have thought I'd score over 600 in a game, and just now I set a personal record with 831 on a board. I should also note that I'm a terrible typist. That being said, if I can pull off a score like that, someone with immense typing skills and a vast knowledge of the high leverage words on these boards, it's actually possible to attain those scores that seem like they could only have been the result of cheating. Let's not all gang up on DCYC. His/her complaints/accusations seem legitimate to him/her and that is why he/she made these inflammatory statements. This game takes a LOT of practice. I personally can't compete with the "big timers" here as far as being able to play hundreds of games per month at such a high level which is why I'm lucky to get in the minimum number of games. But it doesn't deter me from trying to compete with them.

Brian
Old 10-23-2015, 05:46 AM
Retired mailman

bigbells is on the road to greatness

In this Forum, suggestions that someone is cheating occur regularly. Usually, as in this case, the suggestions come from members who are relative newcomers to the game.

In this instance, though, the accuser has been unwilling to entertain the possibility of being wrong, and has instead made increasingly demeaning remarks about others.

To DCYC: no one is saying that cheating never occurs. At or near the very top of the "All Time" lists for average score per game, you'll find cheaters who got every single word on a word-rich board and who played one board and one board only. In fact, a cheater first identified by Brisul was removed quite recently. That cheater was averaging 461 words and 2627 points per game on 4 x 4 boards.

Last edited by bigbells : 10-23-2015 at 05:48 AM.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:24 AM

lefting is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

I really don't understand why someone would care if someone else cheats...aren't you playing the game for the fun of the game, and the challenge TO YOURSELF? As far as I'm concerned, everyone else can cheat if that is what they want to do...it has nothing to do with me and my game. That being said, I would never assume that someone is cheating just because they score higher than I do. Maybe it takes a cheater to see a cheater!
Old 10-24-2015, 02:57 AM
Premium Member

Brisul is on the road to greatness

I see people in this thread complaining that others are hiding behind screen names. Doesn't just about everyone here? I've always wondered if there is one person that is many different profiles on here. It's entirely possible that DCYC is pulling a big hoax on us because he/she is actually Megaword. And who knows? Maybe Megaword is Thunder Rock as well.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:02 AM
MegaDestructor9

MegaWord is on the road to greatness

I'm definitely not ThunderRock. Still don't know that many words. I will admit that I started other names -Plankton- and -WordLegend- and -StormEagle- and a few others that were played very briefly for experimentation. I think I will only play MegaWord now, and when I want to just play to discover/find interesting words I'll play 5x5, still doesn't mean I won't play 5x5 for speed also when I feel like it.

DKYC is simply an unbeliever, but his unbelief is not thought through because there are people that can type much faster than 120 wpm, which is almost what I've made it to on 4x4 (2 words per second). And in this game many words are only 3 letters plus many of the words/and sequences of words repeat resulting in muscle memory. What I've done is achievable by many people if they spent the time playing that I have, and of course if they can develop the finger dexterity for fast typing. Which reminds me of how frustrated I was when I coudn't type as fast as I wanted. I would constantly mistype words when trying to type fast, now I can type super fast with no mistakes when playing well. I remember thinking it was a big deal when I got 500 points, as if I had to type very fast to do it. Now I average over 500 points playing every game I come across. But you must push yourself to get better. (Effort)
Old 10-24-2015, 09:45 AM

ThunderRock is on the road to greatness

No, Mega is not me and I'm not anyone else. lol When I first started on here a few years ago, I had already been playing this game and types of this game for years. The first few months I barely averaged over 500 if that. But the more I played the better I became and started. Matter of fact, I played here for about a month before I even came on as Thunderrock. I played as a guest. I learned over the last few years my biggest strengths were findng all the small words in sections of the grid and ALOT of that now is memorization when I see the same letters in the groups. Also, another of my strengths are the high scoring letters such as K, J, Z and Q. 90% of all the words I get are 5 letters or less. And I have always have been a good typist, typing 90 wpm. So I go through many many boards before I find the ones I know I can score well on. I can look at a board for 5 seconds and know pretty well about what I can score on it.
Just because players like myself, Sublime, Mega, Brisul, Zolar and some of the others score high, doesn't mean we are cheats, We put in the time that it takes to become good players.
If you want to see scores that make you raise your eyebrows, go look in the all time scores and see people who average 200 and 300 and have all time high scores of 1100 and 1200... and others who are scoring 2000 pts with 600 words.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:55 AM

ThunderRock is on the road to greatness

By the way my friends, I could really use some prayers if you don't mind. My daughter was involved in a very bad car crash over last weekend and has many many fractures and a pretty significant brain injury. She is just now slowly following a few voice commands and starting to open one of her eyes. Going to be a long long journey for my family. She is 28 years old andwe would appreciate a few prayers sent our way

Thankyou my Word friends
Old 10-24-2015, 11:22 AM

WriteSmith is on the road to greatness

Wow, ThunderRock that's tough news. Best wishes to you and your family - I hope your daughter makes a speedy recovery. Thanks for sharing…

Something like that sure puts life in perspective, doesn't it?

WriteSmith