Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > FAQs and Help Area

Old 11-06-2016, 12:14 PM

charlottecat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Redirect ads on Android

Hi. I have noticed that recently, sometimes when I am playing on my android phone, the site will randomly take me to what appears to be an ad that most likely is trying to get me to install malware (stuff like "you have won a free iphone" or "download this anti malware scanner). I don't have his problem when playing from my computer, so it seems like something mobile specific.
Old 11-06-2016, 01:50 PM

suddeneyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry

I've been having the same problem - and I can't just close the window. The minute I open Chrome again, the malware reappears. It's happening on this site and a few news sites I use regularly.

Absolutely maddening. I've had to stop playing Wordtwist on my phone, because the only way I've been able to get rid of the malware ad is to uninstall and reinstall Chrome!
Old 11-06-2016, 06:13 PM

whacked is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same problem using my Android tablet. I only seem to get these ads popping up when playing Wordtwist. Like you said, it won't let you close the window. I've resorted to turning it off and on before it usally disappears.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:10 AM

riki400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ads on Android phones

Haven't tried this yet, but I read a tip that if you play in Airplane Mode you won't get the ads. Worth a try, but remember to go out of Airplane Mode when you finish playing or you may not get calls or texts.