Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > General Chit Chat

Old 03-07-2017, 07:07 PM
MegaDestructor9

MegaWord is on the road to greatness
Default The way I play

Jakartajane:
Quote:
Megaword, do you also take time to find boards you will play?
It depends on how I'm playing at the time. Right now I'm playing 4x4, every board I come by except my own records and "unbeatable"'s records, averaging 581 pts, 119 wds. I'm skipping my own records right now just to increase total record count quicker for high score and most words, and I'm skipping "unbeatable"'s records because they're obviously not legit, nor are they beatable. Now, back in January When I averaged 963 pts, 188 wds on 4x4, and 1,336 pts, 231 wds on 5x5; I was being very selective on boards and exiting out of them if the performance wasn't good enough.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:39 PM

mlwalton13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you work from home too (well when I do work, I work from home)?
Old 03-08-2017, 03:51 PM
MegaDestructor9

MegaWord is on the road to greatness
Default Curiosity

I understand your curiosity, but I, personally, don't want to discuss how I address my need for survival in this physical body.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:52 PM

Um, okay. Just figured, unless of course you are your own boss, (absolutely none of my business) that work might frown on playing at work. But like I said, currently I'm not gainfully employed...just making conversation...it's all good in the 'hood, as the teenagers say (don't know that they actually say that...just saying they do)
Old 03-11-2017, 06:08 PM

Default Update

So I've just looked at how many games I've played this far...771 Oi! At a minimum, I've spent 25 plus hours playing just this month!
Should I be concerned? I just keeping saying to myself, "oh just one more game, it's only two minutes" .
Old 03-11-2017, 06:43 PM
Premium Member

Razorflame is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlwalton13 View Post
So I've just looked at how many games I've played this far...771 Oi! At a minimum, I've spent 25 plus hours playing just this month!
Should I be concerned? I just keeping saying to myself, "oh just one more game, it's only two minutes" .
Last month, I played ~900 5x5 games, which equates to 5,600 minutes, or nearly 100 hours of play. This month, I'll probably play ~1,000-1,200 games in order to get to #1 in 5x5 this month.

I have no life XD
Old 03-12-2017, 01:52 PM

Default A drop in the bucket

Thank you RazorFlame! Compared to you my time is a drop in the bucket. I don't feel guilty now.

Cheers
M~
Old 03-12-2017, 01:59 PM
Premium Member

Razorflame is on the road to greatness

Unfortunately, a lot of that time has been spent looking for 22-24 letter words in 5x5 and 15-16 letter words in 4x4 XD
Old 03-12-2017, 04:10 PM

Spike1005 is on the road to greatness

Those really long words are pretty rare (or I just don't see hem when they're there). I do a pretty good job at finding long words that have been found before, and have even found new new ones this month that score 35+ points that haven't been found before. I even found a 21 letter word lately that was new on the board (although it didn't count as rare, so it was only 32 points). I keep hoping for the long ones, but looking over the "longest word" records each month, there are a lot of duplicates. Anyway, for the really long ones, I think it's more a matter of luck getting just a few of those boards per month (unless, of course, you play a LOT).

Last edited by Spike1005 : 03-12-2017 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:40 AM
Premium Member

pdiddp has received several accolades

Quote:
Originally posted by Spike1005
Those really long words are pretty rare (or I just don't see them when they're there).
Amen to that! I've been trying to keep my average points per word as high as possible this month. I can click past anywhere from 10 to as many as 40 games before I come across a board that has a high enough scoring word. And then half the time I don't find the word anyway. Or at least not in time.