Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > FAQs and Help Area

Old 04-12-2017, 12:57 PM

lalatan is an unknown quantity at this point

Btw I have the utmost respect for the top players on this website. They are truly amazing. Aussie Mum and obhinoxious in particular have inspired me.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:02 AM

Freemind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why cheat?

Go to the monthly records. Look at the amount of games some of these folks play per month, extrapolate to per day, and you'll see individuals playing three, four hours every day. They've been doing if for years.

It's not about finding words you know. That's what I do, and it's still fun. You've gotta learn and remember a lot of words you will never use - uta, ute, oxo, etc. - 3 letter words that score 6 or 8 points. (They work for Scrabble too btw.) Then, learn every weird word starting with a K, or containing a K, and there are lots - keto, kete, skee. Look for "tion" or "ing" because those make long words.

Cheaters are easy to spot. They get every word possible every time they play, like Unbeatable. Cheaters are rare because what's the point? Nobody is impressed and you can just ignore them by clicking up another game.

Be careful, though, it's addicting. And, three hours/day of typing 492 words in 2 minutes can lead to wrist, finger and certainly eye problems.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:13 PM

IlliniJim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How I cheat

I've scored over 500 points and found over 100 words twice. Both times it's because the game timer stopped for long periods but I could still post words. 3 minute games became 10 minute games and I have no idea if that is a problem from my end or the games end..
Old 04-15-2017, 11:39 AM

lalatan is an unknown quantity at this point

freemind: You are correct on all counts my friend. You were somewhat "preaching to the choir" though. If you check my profile my word usage chart says I average close to 53% ultra rare words. I see words I've never seen in my life every day when I play (quannets was the latest). I'm one of those people you described. I play between 50-70 games a day since I'm disabled. It takes my mind off my chronic pain and I never get tired of it. It definitely is addictive, been doing it every day for 3 years now.

Kind regards and happy gaming
Old 04-17-2017, 12:37 AM

BoredInTheCar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJim View Post
I've scored over 500 points and found over 100 words twice. Both times it's because the game timer stopped for long periods but I could still post words. 3 minute games became 10 minute games and I have no idea if that is a problem from my end or the games end..
It's an issue with the advertisements. It has happened to me when I traveled and got a different selection of ads than I usually get served. Not your fault, so enjoy the serendipity!