Razorflame is on the road to greatness
Default Finally!

Finally got my third 800+ point game in 5x5 So happy
Old 03-26-2017, 12:38 PM
Premium Member

Default New most words

5x5: 138 words

First new record in a long time. Didn't get the high score for the board because fasteddieb already had a higher score, but he propelled me to do my best on that board and I really shone during that game. Had 350 points at the two minute mark, and probably could've gotten 900+ points if I hadn't started choking towards the end of the game

That 136 word game was just surpassed by my 138 word game I just had. 737 points, 138 words....68 common, 20 wide, 10 rare, 40 ultra rare....still need to learn more ultra rare words to up my score even more.

Last edited by Razorflame : 03-29-2017 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Added new highest word score.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:28 PM
Premium Member

4x4: 104 words
5x5: 142 words

I remember that the score of that game was in the mid 570s, which is really good for me at 4x4. I'm just happy that I'm starting to get good enough to start breaking my monthly records fairly often now.

Another new record. 776 points, 142 words (64 common, 34 wide, 5 rare, 39 ultra rare). Still need to work on getting more ultra rare words.

Last edited by Razorflame : 03-29-2017 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Adding new 5x5 record
Old 04-05-2017, 03:31 AM
Premium Member

Finished 9th last month, probably won't get into the Top 10 this month because I'm not really sure about playing as much as I have been in the past few months...
Old 04-05-2017, 03:45 AM
Premium Member

Brisul is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post
Finished 9th last month, probably won't get into the Top 10 this month because I'm not really sure about playing as much as I have been in the past few months...
I might not either. I got a bit of a late jump this month. I try to average two scores a day to get to the necessary 51 to qualify. I'm way behind right now and I don't see a lot of time opening up for me to catch up.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:52 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisul View Post
I might not either. I got a bit of a late jump this month. I try to average two scores a day to get to the necessary 51 to qualify. I'm way behind right now and I don't see a lot of time opening up for me to catch up.
Yeah, I'll probably play daily and get like 15-20K points a day, unless I have a really good concentration day, then 50K in a day is pretty likely. Nothing compared to the 1st of last month, where I got 118K points in 24 hours XD

Still over 100K points behind the leaders at the moment, so probably no Top 3 in overall score this month, but I think I could probably make it into the Top 3 in Overall Score in 5x5 next month.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:55 AM
Premium Member

5X5: 844 points (138 words: 59 common, 28 wide, 10 rare, 41 ultra rare)

First new high score of the month. Still need to work on my overall typing speed.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:29 PM
Premium Member

TurtleRace is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post
5X5: 844 points (138 words: 59 common, 28 wide, 10 rare, 41 ultra rare)

First new high score of the month. Still need to work on my overall typing speed.
1.3 words per seconds, over 6 average points per word, with (geez, this is amazing) almost 30% ultra rare words
and only 42% in the common category.

Cognition and typing appear to be excellent.

Good luck heading toward superior on the way to practically unbelievable.
You’ll be showing videos soon

Good luck!

TR
Old 04-24-2017, 09:20 AM
Premium Member

Default Reflection of this month

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleRace View Post
1.3 words per seconds, over 6 average points per word, with (geez, this is amazing) almost 30% ultra rare words
and only 42% in the common category.

Cognition and typing appear to be excellent.

Good luck heading toward superior on the way to practically unbelievable.
You’ll be showing videos soon

Good luck!

TR
Unfortunately, both my Internet and RAM isn't enough to either stream or record my play sessions at this point in time.

99 wpg is ~1.15-1.2 wps, which is slightly lower than what you wrote, but I'm working on getting that up still.

My average ppw is hovering around 5.6-5.7 ppw and has been for the past few months...still want to work on this to get it into the high 5.7s and maybe into the lower 5.8s.

My main criticism of myself is my low twc (total word count) per game, which is usually between 90 and 130 wpg, which is fairly low for someone who is regularly scoring in the high 600s and low 700s. Need to work on faster word recognition for the smaller words and faster muscle memory

Overall, my performance this month is a definite improvement over the last in all but the ppw category (where it is hovering in the low 5.6 range).

Just got MICROSPECTROPHOTOMETERS on my last board that I played, which is the first(ish) science(y/ish) word that I've gotten since I started playing here a few months ago. Still hoping to eventually run into a few of the other fun science(y/ish) long words

Another science(y/ish) word just found: PYROMETALLURGIES.

Last edited by Razorflame : 04-24-2017 at 11:08 AM. Reason: +new word
Old 04-29-2017, 08:41 PM
Premium Member

Second new record of the month:

846 points / 96 words (33 common, 9 wide, 7 rare, 47 ultra rare)

Really happy with my ultra rare performance this game. Overall, my typing speed was slow, and I could have scored 1,000+ points if I didn't focus too much time on the ultra rare words.

Now, I need to find a balance between the two so I can finally score 850+ points in a single game in the future.