Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > FAQs and Help Area

Old 03-30-2017, 10:44 AM

FufferNutt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cursor not in typing field

Anyone else having issues with the cursor not being in the typing field when you start a new game? You lose time having to click in the typing field to insert the cursor!
Old 03-30-2017, 04:49 PM

zolorbowl is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a particular ad with a black background that has it's close button
(which is an 'x') in the top-left corner. This ad hijacks your cursor, and I've had it happen more than once in the same game. Anyway, now I look at the ads before I start my game and close them out. I hope this helps, good luck.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:20 PM
Premium Member

Razorflame is on the road to greatness

I've actually had this happen to me without any ads being on the screen. Sometimes, I think that the cursor still gets hijacked from something, though I have no idea what, and it doesn't happen often enough to me for it to be anything more than an inconvenience that happens once every 100-200 games.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:43 AM

jakartajane has received several accolades

I usually play in Indonesia and don't have a problem with ads here. But I was in the US for most of March, getting a different set of ads, and noticed a similar problem with the cursor not staying in the box to enter words. The solution for me was to check all the ads before hitting the "click to start" button, and closing out any that seemed to be having trouble loading.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:43 AM

dannyb is on the road to greatness

It is the ads (red 'triangle" facing to the right, and ads with the X in the upper left corner) that are doing it. X them out. If you start to play before all of the ads "show up" the offending ads may show up while you are playing and hijack your cursor. So wait for all four ads (somtimes there are only three ads) to show up, so you can X them out, before clicking on start.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:18 AM

FufferNutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the tips! Funny that in all the years playing this just started to happen the other day. Annoying!