Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > FAQs and Help Area

Old 08-20-2017, 08:48 PM

GameJay28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone else getting blank boards?

I have seen 4 blank boards in the last 2 hours (in 5x5). Is anyone else experiencing this or is there something wrong on my end? My 4x4 boards are working perfectly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wordtwist gave me a blank board.jpg (93.2 KB, 79 views)
Old 08-21-2017, 02:28 AM

Spike1006 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen those blank boards before, but I haven't run into one in a while. (I tried to play one or two, but they never actually load.) Anyway, I assumed they were a game glitch or a "missing link", where you're assigned a board number that's being reset or retired, but the board data itself (or a link to the board data) is already gone. I have a hard time imagining how that could be a problem on your end. Either they retired a bunch at one time or you got "lucky" & hit a lot close together.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:34 AM
Premium Member

TurtleRace is an unknown quantity at this point

The blank stats tables come around once in a while. I have no idea why they exist. The first time I saw one, I quickly loaded a new game. The next time, I hit play. whoops

Don't do it. There's no board, nothing to play. I had no idea then how to exit a game in play and ended up with a Results Page full of zeros.

Curiosity killed my stats

Hope your games are going well,
Enjoy!
TR
Old 08-21-2017, 02:44 AM

Spike1006 is an unknown quantity at this point

TR, I'm surprised you actually got a board. What did it look like? Like I said, I just get some kind of "Loading..." message, but nothing ever happens. I tried waiting it out for 5-10 minutes or so without any change. The way I play, a "zero" board doesn't hurt the stats I care about, so I was safe. Sorry your curiosity did you in. (I enjoyed your pun though.)
Old 08-21-2017, 03:27 AM
Premium Member

fasteddieb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default once

I once played out of curiosity and that one had a board, but it wouldn't take any words that were in the puzzle so I quit it.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:48 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike1006 View Post
TR, I'm surprised you actually got a board. What did it look like? Like I said, I just get some kind of "Loading..." message, but nothing ever happens. I tried waiting it out for 5-10 minutes or so without any change. The way I play, a "zero" board doesn't hurt the stats I care about, so I was safe. Sorry your curiosity did you in. (I enjoyed your pun though.)
Hi 006!

It was a while back. If my memory serves, I had the pretty countdown usage table on the page, but it still had zero's. I don't remember an actual board, just the panic that I felt when I realized I may have made a pretty big mistake and couldn't MAKE IT STOP.

It's a chuckle to think about now.

Glad you liked the pun, Spike. Thank you.
Enjoy!
TR
Old 08-21-2017, 04:44 AM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

That board has occasionally popped up numerous times for me in the last few weeks. Never played one though.
Spike, I see the new model Spike1007 is out now. You're not selling franchise licenses are you?

TR, good pun. Nobody responded to my "dead cat nature" post so I assumed it bombed with the hoi polloi.

Last edited by lalatan : 08-21-2017 at 04:46 AM.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:39 AM

Spike1007 is an unknown quantity at this point

lalatan,

OK, your "dead cat nature" was good.

I don't think there'd be much money in a Spike franchise. Anyway, 007 is me. I started 006 because I got tired of throwing away good words as 005 just because they would lower my score. It just morphed onto 005 lite, and I was still throwing away words as my score increased. I decided to try 007, thinking I'd accept any word that beat the current board record on word length or points. It turns out that's a lot harder than I expected. Strangely enough, it's hard to beat even 6-8 letter words when that's the current record. At least as 005 & 006, I'll take a word (if I can find it) that matches the current high if it's worth enough. My 007 rules don't allow that.

By the way, I think you mentioned screwing up priorities when switching identities. That hasn't happened to me yet, but I assume it's only a matter of time.

By the way, when I was only 005, I was always logged on. When I added 006, I'd find that I was occasionally logged off. (I got a few good words along the way, only to find out that I was nobody. (000?)) Did that happen to you?

Playing as three alter egos sucks up a lot of time. I may have to back off. I'll see. (I definitely don't see a 008 in my future.)

Last edited by Spike1007 : 08-21-2017 at 05:58 AM.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:22 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatan View Post
That board has occasionally popped up numerous times for me in the last few weeks. Never played one though.
Spike, I see the new model Spike1007 is out now. You're not selling franchise licenses are you?

TR, good pun. Nobody responded to my "dead cat nature" post so I assumed it bombed with the hoi polloi.
Hi lalatan

Where is the dead cat? Was somebody swinging it around before it expired? Somehow I missed it, but I'll go looking...

Enjoy!
TR

No harm as come to any cat or any other animal as a result of these posts. No harm is intended to any cat or any other animal ..or player...ever..
Old 08-21-2017, 06:29 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike1007 View Post
Anyway, 007 is me.

By the way, when I was only 005, I was always logged on. When I added 006, I'd find that I was occasionally logged off. (I got a few good words along the way, only to find out that I was nobody. (000?)) Did that happen to you?

Playing as three alter egos sucks up a lot of time. I may have to back off. I'll see. (I definitely don't see a 008 in my future.)
Yeah! Spike1007

Go with the Sean Connery version. That oughta help with any 000. Who would dare?

Hope you don't have any more trouble.
Enjoy!
TR